Pages

Thursday 1 September 2016

Yay, Spring is here!

I am so glad winter is over and Spring is here again. It feels like I have been waiting for 3 months for the 1st of September to come around just to get back into the garden good and proper! I did plant a few sneaky seeds about a week ago and have kept them nice and snug inside and today a few more joined them. I got stuck into turning over the beds that have been resting and adding some home grown compost for a boost, the perfect home for our next round of spring beauties. I ordered some flowering plants online yesterday too – I know, not exactly inline with my idea of an ‘edible’ garden, but I chose flowering plants that are suited to being cut and add that life and freshness to a home. My Nana used to always have fresh cut flowers everywhere – especially in her fridge! I think a lot of what I imagine from my garden in some way or another is stemmed from a memory of my Nan or a way for me to connect with her, she was an amazing gardener! I have missed her everyday since her passing over 4 years ago. Love you Nan x









The renovations are still happening! We have had a bit of a break from all the contractors, enough time to tidy up all of their mess! We are getting the engineer in next week to talk about our new balcony - the bit I am most looking forward to. I am so glad because it looks like it will be up before summer holidays! I have pretty much written the rest of the year off as too stressful and as such I am spending less time here writing about it all. I must say though, that spring time finally coming around has invigorated me so you might be lucky and hear more from me more than I expect ;) .









I am still trying to do as much as I can from scratch and have managed to make a new batch of soap - this time I remembered to put the essential oils in so it smells lovely. I still make Kombucha and a new one - Milk Kefir. All our food is still cooked from scratch and surprisingly still gathering something from the garden for every meal. Our rainbow chard is still going from last spring, it just keeps on keeping on! I also mixed up a batch of Tumeric tea for hubby to take to work - using our own home grown tumeric and ginger. Time to shoot, one of my fave tv shows is about to start - Selling Houses Australia. Talk soon xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...