Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

Zucchini Brownie Cake Slice thingy

Another sneaky vegetable cake the wee ones don't realise is actually a pretty healthy treat. All depends on your view as to what is healthy though I guess, but I put this one in the good category. So long as its not eaten for every meal, although I could and would have when I was pregnant and wished I thought of this version then! Again, I baked this in my bread machine so final results will look a little different, taste is still going to be YUM!

Zucchini Brownie Cake/Slice

Ingredients

  • 2 cups zucchini, grated (from my garden)
  • 1/2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or very light olive oil)
  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 3/4  cup dark chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a baking/loaf dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the coconut oil, eggs, honey and vanilla. Add zucchini. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.


Add dry mixture to the wet zucchini mixture. Stir to combine. Add chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.



Bake 40-45 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let cool completely before removing from dish. (In my bread maker it takes about 1.5 hours as its a 'deep' mix baking in the loaf pan.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...